INDEED… DENTISTRY IS SERIOUS business. But that doesn’t mean we have to take ourselves TOO seriously all the time, right?
9 Dental-Related Fun Facts
- A typical elephant’s molar weighs nearly nine pounds.
- In 1994, a West Virginia prison inmate braided dental floss into a rope to escape!
- The first toothbrush with animal hair bristles was made in China in 1498.
- A snail’s mouth is no larger than the head of a pin, but can have 25,000 teeth inside!
- Some of the world’s most choked on objects are toothpicks! Be cautious when picking your teeth or holding one in your mouth.
- Like cows, humans actually chew side to side—not just up and down.
- In North America, over 3 million miles of dental floss are purchased each year… Enough to circle Earth 120 times!
- When you skip flossing, you’re missing 35% of your teeth’s surface area!
- The first modern(ish) braces were constructed in France in 1728. They were made from metal and string.
Some Interesting Animal Teeth Trivia[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PeLZmhPBXM]
Thanks for trusting us to keep your mouth and teeth healthy!
We know it’s a big responsibility and we take it very seriously. Any time you have questions about your oral health, let’s visit.
Ross Ave Cherry Ave